Demonstration at the Labour Party Conference, Manchester, Saturday 20 September 2008
Called by the Stop the War Coalition, CND and the British Mulsim Initiative
The march ended with a rally nearby addressed by Tony Benn, Jeremy Corbyn, Tony Woodley, Lindsey German, Rose Gentle, Seumas Milne, Karen Reissman, Andrew Murray, Nahela Ashraf, Kate Hudson, Sabah Jawad and others. They all spoke of the need to continue and expand the campaign against the war.
Don't mention the war what Labour leaders didn't say at the conference
Dear Labour, It's not just your leader...
Change the Policies
The "war on terror" waged by the US and Britain since September 2001 is making the world ever more dangerous and ever less free. Don't collude in the manufacture of mayhem - dismantle the "war on terror."
- Troops Out of Iraq and Afghanistan
- Withdraw the Counter Terrorism Bill
- Say no to 42 day detention without charge
- Repeal the Terrorism Acts
- Bring the British Residents still held at Guantanamo Bay, including Binyam Mohamed, home to their families and friends in the UK.
- Press the US to abandon the Military Commission trials and close Guantanamo.
- Say no to the expansion of NATO.
- End the siege of Gaza: Freedom for Palestine.